Friday, August 7, 2009

ontheroad-Ashland OR, vacation

Friday Aug. 7

Before we left our motel in Crescent City, we wentto the Continental breakfast. There I met a student from La Entrata who ecognized me from subbing in his class; and I remembered him. We met a nice couple from Livermore CA.

We drove into Ashland about noon and it was love at first sight for me. The theaters were beautiful in their plaza. The Elizabethan theater was a thrill for me as it looked like a fine replica of the Globe. We got matinee tickets for Clifford Odetts "Paradise Lost" and it was superbly done and we had great seats. I loved to look at all the people walking around carrying their reading book and looking cerebral. Surrounding the theaters is Lithia Park, a beautiful park with amenities and parking for us theater goers. Judy and Bill are here and we trouble hooking up but we will meet them tomorrow for breakfast at "Morning Glory."

No comments:

Post a Comment