Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Jackson Hole

Wednesday September 9, 2009

we left Yellowstone by 8 a.m. and we drove south through the Great Tetons Natl Park. These are especially varied peaks and they get their name from the French for breast. I could see that. As lovely as it was, I was sated with seeing mountains already and I wanted to get to a place with internet, cell phone coverage and radio and tv.



Jackson Hole

We pulled into Jackson before noon and we were enchanted. Everything has a wild west decor. There are lots of souvenir shops but they are in good taste and cleverly named. One is called "shirt off my back" and one is called
Shirts and Ernies.


I like the name of the town. It is surrounded by mountains and apparently some early fur trader called it Jackson Hole and the name stuck.

We spent a while deciding on which motel room to take In one motel room that we were given a key to take a look at the room there were 7 or 8 emplayees sitting having lunch and watching mtv. The proprietress did not see anything wrong with that but I did. Another thing that I discovered is that when a lodgine receptionist won't let you take a look at a room unless it is made up, she is right. Looking at someone else's left behind room is offputting.

There is a cowboy saloon where all the barstools are saddles.

No comments:

Post a Comment